This talk will go into creating a bespoke service discovery solution using HAProxy. The approach we've taken uses proxies that take the cluster's state from a single source of truth (Marathon). We'll go into the pros and cons of rolling your own and discuss the trade-offs. Our solution targets Marathon and Mesos, but the solution we'll discuss is more widely applicable.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- From Dev to Prod and back again (SkillsCast recorded in March 2018)
- μCon: The Microservices eXchange (Online Conference on 13th - 14th April 2021)
- Introducing AWS Immersion Days (Online Meetup on 11th February 2021)
- Event-Driven Microservices: The Sense, Nonsense and a Way Forward (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
- Lightning Talk: E Pluribus Unum – Adventures in Polycloud Delivery (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
Bespoke Service Discovery with HAProxy and Marathon on Mesos
Bart Spaans is a Lead Consultant at OpenCredo with a broad technical interest, ranging from software engineering to deploying highly scalable distributed systems.