Supler has a very focused set of functionality:
a Scala DSL for defining forms, generating JSON form description, applying values to backing objects and running actions & validations on the backend
The presentation will be entirely live coding. We will create a simple form-based application from scratch and gradually introduce various Supler features. At the same time, we will explain what approach Supler takes and how Supler solves some of the problems faced when creating a form-based applications.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Free Monad or Tagless Final? How Not to Commit to a Monad Too Early (SkillsCast recorded in December 2017)
- Scala Days 2023 (Online Conference on 1st - 30th December 2023)
- LJC Live with Andrzej Grzesik and Karsten Silz (in London on 16th February 2023)
- Take a load off: how strong platform engineering moves an organisation forward (Online Meetup on 23rd February 2023)
- Fall-from-Grace: A Typed and Programmable Superset of JSON (SkillsCast recorded in December 2022)
- Saving Costs with Pragmatic Serverless Java Architectures (SkillsCast recorded in November 2022)
Supler: complex web forms, not so complex
Adam is one of the co-founders of SoftwareMill, a company specialising in delivering customised software solutions. He codes mostly on the back-end using Scala and other interesting technologies. Adam created a couple of open-source projects, such as sttp, MacWire, Hibernate Envers and ElasticMQ. He has been a speaker at major conferences, such as Devoxx, JavaOne, LambdaConf and ScalaDays.