Supler has a very focused set of functionality:
a Scala DSL for defining forms, generating JSON form description, applying values to backing objects and running actions & validations on the backend
The presentation will be entirely live coding. We will create a simple form-based application from scratch and gradually introduce various Supler features. At the same time, we will explain what approach Supler takes and how Supler solves some of the problems faced when creating a form-based applications.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Free Monad or Tagless Final? How Not to Commit to a Monad Too Early (SkillsCast recorded in December 2017)
- Extreme Java: Advanced Topics with Dr Heinz Kabutz (Online Course on 29th - 30th March 2021)
- Extreme Java: Concurrency Performance with Dr Heinz Kabutz (Online Course on 31st March - 2nd April 2021)
- Prepare for What 'Looms' Ahead (Online Meetup on 25th February 2021)
- Process Automation in Cloud-Native Architectures (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
- Typecheck Your Memory Management with Linear Types (SkillsCast recorded in November 2020)
Supler: complex web forms, not so complex
Adam is one of the co-founders of SoftwareMill, a company specialising in delivering customised software solutions. He codes mostly on the back-end using Scala and other interesting technologies. Adam created a couple of open-source projects, such as sttp, MacWire, Hibernate Envers and ElasticMQ. He has been a speaker at major conferences, such as Devoxx, JavaOne, LambdaConf and ScalaDays.