Supler has a very focused set of functionality:
a Scala DSL for defining forms, generating JSON form description, applying values to backing objects and running actions & validations on the backend
The presentation will be entirely live coding. We will create a simple form-based application from scratch and gradually introduce various Supler features. At the same time, we will explain what approach Supler takes and how Supler solves some of the problems faced when creating a form-based applications.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Free Monad or Tagless Final? How Not to Commit to a Monad Too Early (SkillsCast recorded in December 2017)
- React & Redux: Web Application Workshop with Damjan Vujnovic (Online Course on 19th - 23rd July 2021)
- ScalaCon 2021 (Online Conference on 18th - 22nd May 2021)
- An Introduction to Cats Effect with Adam Rosien (SkillsCast recorded in April 2021)
- Prepare for What "Looms" Ahead (SkillsCast recorded in February 2021)
Supler: complex web forms, not so complex
Adam is one of the co-founders of SoftwareMill, a company specialising in delivering customised software solutions. He codes mostly on the back-end using Scala and other interesting technologies. Adam created a couple of open-source projects, such as sttp, MacWire, Hibernate Envers and ElasticMQ. He has been a speaker at major conferences, such as Devoxx, JavaOne, LambdaConf and ScalaDays.