Challenge: "While coding at work I want to listen to great songs and albums that I know" - This live MVC5 site shows the most influential, seminal albums and great songs of different musical era's. Explore the lists, preview songs (without a Spotify account). Select what you like, then save this playlist to your Spotify account.
I will start from basics and move quickly - how to explore a JSON API with .NET using GET, POST, PUT and DELETE
- Find Artists, Songs, Playlists and Users
- Display great images and Artist Wikipedia articles
- Create and follow playlists
Learn about OAuth2 - its seems complicated from the outside… I'll show you how to do it.
Use MVC5 simply and close to the metal with Dapper as a high performance ORM.
This is going to be a pragmatic (source on Github), entertaining, musically inspiring, fast paced talk… Enjoy!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- ProgNET London 2018 (in London on 12th - 14th September 2018)
- Fast Track to F# with Tomas Petricek & Phil Trelford (in London on 20th - 21st September 2018)
- Functional Concurrency in .NET with C# & F# with Riccardo Terrell (in London on 20th - 21st September 2018)
- Modern Application Development with C# and .NET Core (in London on 4th - 7th December 2018)
30,000,000+ songs! Explore your favourite music with Spotify's JSON Web API, MVC5, Dapper and OAuth2
Dave lives near Brighton and by day he works on large financial internal systems. Dave gets up at 5:30 most days to work on side projects because he loves to code :-) He then plays with his 5 month old daughter, usually listening to ABBA. Then mountain bikes to work dreaming of music and code…