This is a crash course introduction to Cassandra. You'll step away understanding how it's possible to to utilize this distributed database to achieve high availability across multiple data centers, scale out as your needs grow, and not be woken up at 3am just because a server or entire data center failed. We'll cover the basics of data modeling with CQL, and understand how that data is stored on disk.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Scalable IOT with Apache Cassandra. (SkillsCast recorded in July 2017)
- Python for Programmers (in London on 24th - 26th June 2019)
- Leonardo De Marchi's Deep Learning Fundamentals (in London on 22nd - 23rd October 2019)
- Infiniteconf 2019 - A one-day community celebration of Big Data, Machine Learning and AI (in London on 4th July 2019)
- Keynote by Emily Robinson on Creating a Strong Data Science Portfolio (in London on 24th June 2019)
- IWDS 23: Intro to Natural Language Processing (NLP) - 1/2 (in London on 24th June 2019)
- Upgrading to Django 2.2 (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Generative Adversarial Networks with PyTorch (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
Intro to Cassandra
Jon Haddad has 15 years experience in both development and operations. For the last 11 years, he's worked at various startups in southern California. In a past life, he put Cassandra in production and co-wrote cqlengine, the Python object mapper for CQL. After 2 years as an evangelist at DataStax, he is now Principal Consultant at The Last Pickle, helping customers of all size succeed with Apache Cassandra.