Suave is a lightweight, non-blocking web server. The non-blocking I/O model is efficient and suitable for building fast, scalable network applications. In fact, Suave is written in a completely non-blocking fashion throughout. Suave runs on Linux, OS X and Windows flawlessly. In this hands on session we'll dive deep into building web apps with Suave. To get the most from this session please bring along a laptop with F# installed.
Join F# aficionado Tomas Petricek for this F#unctional Londoners meetup, where we learn how to write a simple web application using Suave and deploy it to Azure or Heroku, depending on your preferences.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Rethinking Compilers With Live Coding (SkillsCast recorded in August 2018)
- Functional Concurrency in .NET with C# and F# with Riccardo Terrell (Online Course on 1st - 4th December 2020)
- Haskell eXchange 2020 (Online Conference on 4th - 5th November 2020)
- F# for a Real World E-commerce Project (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
- Rethinking Bioinformatic Algorithms Using F# (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
Suave Hands On With Tomas Petricek
Tomas is a computer scientist and open-source developer. He is a Visiting Researcher at the Alan Turing Institute working on tools for open data-driven storytelling. He wrote a popular book called "Real-World Functional Programming" and is a lead developer of several F# open-source libraries.