This is a talk about the history and future of computing, and the future of programming. We’ll spend a bit of time programming a PDP-8, just for fun. And then we’ll project the history of computing forward to see if we can predict where our industry is going, and what our role in it will be.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Clean Architecture: Drawing Lines (SkillsCast recorded in October 2017)
- Agile at Scale with Joakim Sundén (Online Course on 13th - 16th October 2020)
- Crafting Code with Sandro Mancuso (Online Course on 15th - 16th October 2020)
- Web Performance & Agility: A Curious Mashup (SkillsCast recorded in September 2020)
- Retrospectives Antipatterns — Team Meetings That Don't Suck (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
When Men were Men, Computers were Computers, and Women were Programmers
Robert Martin (@unclebobmartin) is Master Craftsman at 8th Light, Skills Matter instructor and author of a range of books (as well as hundreds of articles), including: Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship as well as his most recent, Clean Architecture: A Craftsman's Guide to Software Structure and Design.