A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
This hands-on session will focus on the core principles of functional programming using both C# and F#. We'll cover all the important concepts of functional programming in a series of short lessons, including composition, partial application, higher-order functions, error handling, and more.
All code examples and exercises with be in both C# and F# -- you can use the language of your choice! If you want to learn F# this is your chance -- no prior F# experience is necessary!
- All attendees should have C# or F# installed (or both).
- For F#, please see fsharp.org for installation instructions for various platforms.
- A C# or F# friendly editor. E.g. Visual Studio or Xamarin. For using F# with other editors, see fsharp.org for plugins.
Code Exercises and Examples
- Code with examples and exercises will be handed out at the beginning of the workshop.
- All code is cross platform.
- All code examples will be available in both C# and F#
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Understanding Parser Combinators: A Deep Dive - Audience Level: Beginner (SkillsCast recorded in April 2017)
- F# eXchange 2020 (Online Conference on 21st October 2020)
- Haskell eXchange 2020 (Online Conference on 3rd - 4th November 2020)
- London Calling (Online Meetup on 24th September 2020)
- Applied Domain-Driven Design — Full-Stack Event Sourcing (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
- Intro to OCaml (SkillsCast recorded in June 2020)