Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
This talk is a completely anecdotal review of how a group of developers (not managers) introduced functional techniques and languages into a company with an existing imperative code base - and existing imperative coders! Learn how we convinced management it wasn't insane. How we picked low risk, high impact tasks to illustrate language advantages. And how we spread the joy to others who hadn't used functional programming languages before.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Michael Newton on RouteMaster (SkillsCast recorded in December 2017)
- F# eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 20th October 2021)
- ScalaCon 2021: November Edition (Online Conference on 2nd - 5th November 2021)
- Journey to the Centre of the JVM (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
- Intro to OCaml (SkillsCast recorded in June 2020)
Functional Programming in an Imperative World
Developer, Architect, Trainer, Consultant; Michael runs @mavnn ltd along with his wife, providing training and consultancy. If it relates to learning about or using anything that relates to .net, functional programming or build/infrastructure tooling we can probably help you.