Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
We are all familiar with example-based testing, as typified by TDD and BDD. Property-based testing takes a very different approach, where a single test is run hundreds of times with randomly generated inputs.
Property-based testing is a great way to find edge cases, and also helps you to understand and document the behaviour of your code under all conditions.
This talk will introduce property-based testing and show how it works, and why you should consider adding it to your arsenal of testing tools.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Fast Track to F# with Tomas Petricek & Phil Trelford (in London on 9th - 10th September 2019)
- Understanding Parser Combinators: A Deep Dive - Audience Level: Beginner (SkillsCast recorded in April 2017)
- Modern development with Java (in London on 15th - 17th July 2019)
- Functional Concurrency in .NET with C# and F# (in London on 9th - 10th September 2019)
- CloudNative London 2019 (in London on 25th - 27th September 2019)
- Hands-on: Fractal art with Fable and WebGL (in London on 20th June 2019)
- London Clojure July: Exploring REPL tooling with socket prepl (in London on 2nd July 2019)
- Awesome CI/CD Data Pipelines for Distributed Data-Sources (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Testing embedded Python apps (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
The lazy programmer's guide to writing 1000's of tests: An introduction to property based testing
Scott has over 20 years experience in software development, design and architecture, covering all aspects of business software.