Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
We are all familiar with example-based testing, as typified by TDD and BDD. Property-based testing takes a very different approach, where a single test is run hundreds of times with randomly generated inputs.
Property-based testing is a great way to find edge cases, and also helps you to understand and document the behaviour of your code under all conditions.
This talk will introduce property-based testing and show how it works, and why you should consider adding it to your arsenal of testing tools.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Fast Track to F# with Tomas Petricek (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- Understanding Parser Combinators: A Deep Dive - Audience Level: Beginner (SkillsCast recorded in April 2017)
- Janet Gregory's Agile Testing for the Whole Team (in London on 28th - 30th October 2019)
- Lightbend Akka for Scala - Professional (in London on 11th - 12th November 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- P3X - People, Product & Process eXchange 2019 (in London on 31st October - 1st November 2019)
- Testing and UB (in London on 21st November 2019)
- Reprogramming Biology with F# (in London on 28th November 2019)
- Keynote: (Programming Languages) in Agda = Programming (Languages in Agda) (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Keynote: Haskell is a Great Host (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
The lazy programmer's guide to writing 1000's of tests: An introduction to property based testing
Scott has over 20 years experience in software development, design and architecture, covering all aspects of business software.