Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Data science and machine learning are rapidly growing fields that focus on extracting insights from data. But what actually hides behind the buzz words? In this talk I'll use data science tools in F# to analyse live information from social media. You'll see how F# simplifies data processing tasks and seamlessly integrates different steps of the analysis, and you'll also learn about ideas behind interesting machine learning algorithms, including deep neural networks.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Keynote: The Bottom of the Iceberg: Enabling Data Science Research with F# (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
- Fast Track to Machine Learning with Louis Dorard (in London on 15th - 17th July 2019)
- Functional Concurrency in .NET with C# and F# (in London on 9th - 10th September 2019)
- Infiniteconf 2019 - A one-day community celebration of Big Data, Machine Learning and AI (in London on 4th July 2019)
- London TensorFlow.js (in London on 20th June 2019)
- Hands-on: Fractal art with Fable and WebGL (in London on 20th June 2019)
- Solving 5 typical Issues in API development with Domain Driven Design (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Fancy Bears Are Not Your Problem: Real World Appsec (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
Machine learning the F# way
Evelina is a Senior Research Data Scientist at The Alan Turing Institute, the UK's national centre for data science and artificial intelligence. She is passionate about making data science understandable and accessible to everyone. She originally started as a programmer but got interested in machine learning early on and did a mathematics PhD at the University of Cambridge. During her PhD, she worked on Bayesian models for unsupervised learning that integrate heterogeneous biomedical datasets. After that, she worked in cancer research at the MRC Cancer unit in Cambridge, where she focused on helping biologists analyse genomic data.