Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Most of you understand what the word resilience means, at least superficially, but way too many lack a deeper understanding of what it really means in the context of the system that you are working on now. Jonas finds it really sad to see, since understanding and managing failure is more important today than ever. Outages are incredibly costly—for many definitions of cost—and can sometimes take down whole businesses.
In this talk you will explore the essence of resilience. What does it really mean? What is its mechanics and characterizing traits? How do other sciences and industries manage it, and what can we learn from that? You will learn that everything hints at the same conclusion; that failure is inevitable and needs to be embraced, and that resilience is by design.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- On Reactive Microservices (SkillsCast recorded in November 2016)
- Scala Days 2023 (Online Conference on 1st - 30th December 2023)
- LJC Live with Andrzej Grzesik and Karsten Silz (in London on 16th February 2023)
- Take a load off: how strong platform engineering moves an organisation forward (Online Meetup on 23rd February 2023)
- Taming the Context Beast (SkillsCast recorded in October 2022)
- The Middle Way for Static Typing in Spark DataFrames (SkillsCast recorded in October 2022)