Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
This talk is about those collaborations: between Algebra, Spire and Cats; between Cats and shapeless; between shapeless and scodec, doobie, ScalaCheck and Argonaut; and how all of this is feeding into the rebooted Typelevel Scala project. It's also an open invitation to people right across the Scala spectrum to get involved in these projects and see what they can do for them in their own work.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Shapeless is Dead! Long Live Shapeless! (SkillsCast recorded in December 2017)
- Essential Effects | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 25th - 28th October 2021)
- ScalaCon 2021: November Edition (Online Conference on 2nd - 5th November 2021)
- Journey to the Centre of the JVM (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
- Connecting the dots - building and structuring a functional application in Scala (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
Keynote: Typelevel - the benefits of collaboration
Miles has been doing stuff with Scala for more than ten years, currently with Underscore Consulting. He is a cofounder of Typelevel and his best known project, the Scala generic programming library shapeless, is the weapon of choice wherever boilerplate needs to be scrapped or arities abstracted over.