Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- What “50 Years of Data Science” leaves out (SkillsCast recorded in April 2017)
- Essential Effects | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 25th - 28th October 2021)
- ScalaCon 2021: November Edition (Online Conference on 2nd - 5th November 2021)
- Journey to the Centre of the JVM (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
- Connecting the dots - building and structuring a functional application in Scala (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
Keynote: Spark+Hadoop and how it relates to Scala
Sean is Director of Data Science at Cloudera in London. Before Cloudera, he founded Myrrix Ltd (now, the Oryx project) to commercialize large-scale real-time recommender systems on Apache Hadoop. He is an Apache Spark committer and co-authored Advanced Analytics on Spark. He was a committer and VP for Apache Mahout, and co-author of Mahout in Action. Previously, Sean was a senior engineer at Google.