Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Developing games for mobile devices is certainly one of the most lucrative genres today. Google reflected this importance by splitting the "Games" section of the Play Store into sub-catogries to account for the growing market in that area. With Android TV Google even created a whole platform designed for gaming on Android and partners like Nvidia and Razer joined the party.
It's already hard enough to come up with a fresh idea for a new game, make it look good and work on all the target devices. But adding social features like leaderboards, achievements, multiplayer features to compete with friends and offering an easy way to continue a game phone that you started on your tablet is what can catapult a good app to a great everyone of your friend knows. All these features and more you can get with the Google Play Games Services bringing you happier users, higher rentention rates and viral recommendations - all for free and with support for all major platforms.
The talk will explore the different parts of Google Play Games Services, how to set them up and integrate them with your Android app, mention a few pitfalls and finishes off with a multiplayer live demo of these features - if the demo gods are playing nice. In the end you'll be ready to easily add those features to your app and make your users happy while still having time to focus on what's important: Your game.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 1st - 2nd July 2019)
- Fast Track to Android Architecture (in London on 21st - 23rd October 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- Keynote by Rebecca Franks on Tips for Building Custom Views on Android with Canvas APIs📏🎨 (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Keynote by Markus Eisele on Java in the Age of Containers and Serverless (in London on 20th June 2019)
- Android Home-screen Widgets with Flutter (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
- Full Stack Testing of Flutter Apps (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
LEVEL UP! A better gaming experience with Google Play Games Services
Stefan works as an Android Software Craftsman at Novoda in Berlin. He helps creating community events like Google Developer Group Berlin, Berlin Hack and Tell and the DevFest Berlin. He enjoys learning new tricks and discuss about best practices.