Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Developers used to the Java programming language from years spent in the trenches of web, server, and even desktop computing have developed certain patterns of how they use the language and the ecosystem of libraries surrounding it. But writing mobile apps is not the same as writing these other kinds of applications, and good Android apps will have to take mobile constraints into account. Join this session to learn how to use the language effectively and how to write better and more performant Android applications.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Keynote - Android: For Users and Developers (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Extreme Java: Advanced Topics with Dr Heinz Kabutz (Online Course on 28th - 29th September 2020)
- Java Design Patterns: The Timeless Way of Coding with Dr Heinz Kabutz (Online Course on 12th - 15th October 2020)
- Accessibility in Flutter (in Online Event on 20th August 2020)
- Building a Cloud Native Application with Quarkus (Online Meetup on 27th August 2020)
- How to use Apache Kafka and Grafana to visualise business process decisions running on the cloud! - Paulo Menon, Ingo Weiss, Craig Reeves. (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Don’t keep it to yourself - openness and honesty in the workplace (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Keynote - Android for Java Developers
After years working on and leading the Android Toolkit team at Google, Chet has moved into the Android Developer Relations Team, where he is a Developer Advocate. He works on animations, UI, performance, ... and anything else that puts pixels on the screen. He's also been known to write and perform comedy.