Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
However typical Android devices are running on a SoC with many other parts like GPU, hardware decoders, sensors, 2G/3G/4G/Wifi modules... All these parts need to be optimized to reduce the power consumption, but the biggest part of the problem/solution are applications themselves.
Guessing what software is actually causing high power consumption and mitigating it aren't simple tasks. In this session You will explore typical causes of high power consumption, how to debug them and provide possible solutions.
Android provides a number of APIs, OS tricks, and developer tools around power consumption, you will also get to know, learn, and understand them through this talk.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Using the Android NDK (SkillsCast recorded in October 2014)
- Android Architecture with Jorge Ortiz-Fuentes (Online Course on 13th - 15th September 2021)
- Getting API Design Right: Learning from Anti-Patterns — Full‑Day Workshop [SAG Digital 2021] (Online Course on 11th October 2021)
- Why An API Story? (SkillsCast recorded in June 2021)
- Dev Faster with Contract Driven API Development (SkillsCast recorded in April 2021)
Power optimization for Android apps
Xavier Hallade is a software engineer at Intel Software and Services Group in Paris, France, where he works on a wide range of Android frameworks, libraries and applications, helping developers to improve their support for new hardware and technologies.