Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Join us at the Haskell eXchange in 2016!
Want to learn about the latest innovations in Haskell? Join 200+ Haskell and functional programmers to learn and share skills with some of the world's top Haskell experts at the Haskell eXchange 2016 in London. Find out all about Haskell's infrastructure roadmap, learn how Haskell is used in academia and enterprise and discover how Haskell is changing the way our industry tackles complex engineering problems. Early bird tickets already available!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- The Scope of Algebraic Effects (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- F# eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 20th October 2021)
- ScalaCon 2021: November Edition (Online Conference on 2nd - 5th November 2021)
- Hashing Modulo Alpha Equivalence (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
- In The Belly Of The Whale: Tales From Haskell In The Enterprise (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
Transformers, Handlers in Disguise
Dr Nicolas Wu is a Senior Lecturer at the Department of Computing, Imperial College London. He holds a DPhil from the University of Oxford, where he also studied as an undergraduate at Brasenose College. His research interests are centred around programming languages, where he has made advances in applications of category theory for giving the semantics of programs and algorithms. In particular, his recent work has been focused on showing the connections between domain specific languages, algebraic effect handlers, and structured recursion schemes.