This talk is intended to provide a quick introduction to the language for existing developers, along the way comparing features with other programming languages including C#, C++ and Python.
Phil starts by introducing F# as a functional programming language which has object oriented capabilities, he also stated that F# will be part of Visual Studio .NET 2010 as the defacto language.
In this presentation Phil explains F# syntax and their semantics, also demonstrated with a games and twitter application he wrote with F#.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Lightning Talk: Open Source Fun from Start to End (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
- FP in Kotlin with Arrow with Jorge Castillo (Online Course on 24th - 27th May 2021)
- Functional Concurrency in .NET with C# and F# with Riccardo Terrell (Online Course on 28th June - 1st July 2021)
- F# eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 20th - 21st October 2021)
- Haskell eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 16th - 17th November 2021)
- F# for a Real World E-commerce Project (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
- Rethinking Bioinformatic Algorithms Using F# (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
Phil Trelford: F# Introduction
Phil is an active member of the software development community, regularly attending and speaking at user groups and conferences, blogging and contributing to open source projects. He is a co-organizer of the London F# User Group and a founding member of the F# Foundation.