This talk is intended to provide a quick introduction to the language for existing developers, along the way comparing features with other programming languages including C#, C++ and Python.
Phil starts by introducing F# as a functional programming language which has object oriented capabilities, he also stated that F# will be part of Visual Studio .NET 2010 as the defacto language.
In this presentation Phil explains F# syntax and their semantics, also demonstrated with a games and twitter application he wrote with F#.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Lightning Talk: Open Source Fun from Start to End (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
- Functional Concurrency in .NET with C# and F# with Riccardo Terrell (Online Workshop on 19th - 22nd April 2022)
- YOW! Lambda Jam 2022 (Online Conference on 1st - 30th May 2022)
- Haskell eXchange 2022 (in Online Event on 1st - 30th November 2022)
- A Conceptual Introduction to Nix for Haskellers (SkillsCast recorded in November 2021)
- Haskell in the Enterprise: A Report from in the Belly of the Whale (SkillsCast recorded in November 2021)
Phil Trelford: F# Introduction
Phil is an active member of the software development community, regularly attending and speaking at user groups and conferences, blogging and contributing to open source projects. He is a co-organizer of the London F# User Group and a founding member of the F# Foundation.