Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Based on simple examples put into a business context, and by using the Spark Notebook and Scala, you will learn how to apply different Machine Learning methods, using Apache Spark as the distributed processing engine.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Workshop: Mind blown: Crafting a Distributed Data Science Pipeline using Spark, Cassandra, Akka and the Spark Notebook (SkillsCast recorded in December 2015)
- Essential Effects | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 25th - 28th October 2021)
- ScalaCon 2021: November Edition (Online Conference on 2nd - 5th November 2021)
- Scaling the Machine Learning Platform at DoorDash (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
- Lessons learned from building ML products (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
Distributed Data Science with Scala in a Browser
Xavier started his career as a researcher in Experimental Physics, and also focused on data processing. Further down the road, he took part in projects in finance, genomics, and software development for academic research. During that time, he worked on timeseries, on the prediction of biological molecular structures and interactions, and applied Machine Learning methodologies. He developed solutions to manage and process data distributed across data centres. He founded and now works at Data Fellas, a company dedicated to distributed computing and advanced analytics, leveraging Scala, Spark, and other distributed technologies.