In this talk you'll learn techniques for building maintainable, readable, fast test suites utilising service mocks that cover a broad range of problem types. You'll also learn how to avoid common pitfalls that can turn your test suite into a maintenance nightmare.
I’ll live code a concrete use case for WireMock - deploying it to a PAAS (Heroku) in order to write some integration tests proving the properties of a CDN (Fastly) in the wild. Who should attend: Developers, SETs and testers who automate who'd like to increase the effectiveness of their tests while avoiding common pitfalls. Proficiency in Java and JUnit, and a working knowledge of HTTP will be needed to get the most out of this talk.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Ratpack's key elements, strengths and use cases (SkillsCast recorded in November 2015)
- Java Design Patterns: The Timeless Way of Coding with Dr Heinz Kabutz (Online Course on 12th - 15th October 2020)
- Arthas: Inside Alibaba's Java Diagnostic Tool (Online Meetup on 24th September 2020)
- Building a Cloud Ready Application with Quarkus (SkillsCast recorded in August 2020)
- Test Automation Beyond Java 8 (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
Scalable Management of Test Data, Making Tests Readable
I’m a web developer, primarily server side and JVM focussed, with 15 years experience and with a strong bias to XP & TDD techniques. Currently a consultant with Energized Work.
I'm a JVM developer/DevOpper of over 10 years and currently a consultant with Energized Work. I created WireMock and Saboteur, like functional programming, and probably ought to know better than to put pre-release frameworks into production!