Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
As microservices become more and more popular - you are encouraged to choose the right database for the job, resulting in an increase in the number of database processes in the cluster. Wouldn't it be great if you could use a Marathon manifest for our entire application including these stateful database processes. The problem is that when a database process writes to disk, it turns that server into a pet where it was cattle before.
This talk will introduce you to Flocker, talk about Docker plugins and finally demonstrate the two working together to achieve the seamless scheduling and migration of stateful database containers using Marathon.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Orchestrating storage for a Docker microservices stack (SkillsCast recorded in July 2015)
- Better Software Faster with Dave Farley (Online Course on 8th - 9th February 2021)
- Docker Fundamentals with Matt Saunders (Online Course on 22nd - 25th February 2021)
- Accelerated Software eXchange Forum (Online Conference on 18th February 2021)
- Introducing AWS Immersion Days (Online Meetup on 11th February 2021)
- Lightning Talk: E Pluribus Unum – Adventures in Polycloud Delivery (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
- CI/CD Agility and Controlling Pipeline Sprawl (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)