Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
As microservices become more and more popular - you are encouraged to choose the right database for the job, resulting in an increase in the number of database processes in the cluster. Wouldn't it be great if you could use a Marathon manifest for our entire application including these stateful database processes. The problem is that when a database process writes to disk, it turns that server into a pet where it was cattle before.
This talk will introduce you to Flocker, talk about Docker plugins and finally demonstrate the two working together to achieve the seamless scheduling and migration of stateful database containers using Marathon.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Orchestrating storage for a Docker microservices stack (SkillsCast recorded in July 2015)
- Certified Scrum Master with Abid Qureshi (Online Course on 7th - 9th September 2020)
- Docker Fundamentals with Matt Saunders (Online Course on 21st - 24th September 2020)
- Building and Leading Remote Teams (Online Meetup on 19th August 2020)
- The History of DevOps at Amazon (Online Meetup on 16th September 2020)
- Debugging Containers on Kubernetes with "kubectl debug" (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
- Azure DevOps (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)