A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
Now here is the catch: even before you start coding the bots play a round in a matter of seconds, and if your bot wins you get points. If it comes second, you get less points. Otherwise you get nothing. The next minute another game plays, and another one, and another one… that goes on all day long, while you and your friends are desperately hacking away on the code, and keep deploying, deploying, and deploying. Don’t worry about the deployment pipeline, that’s already set up for you.
During this pretty intense day you will sometimes be cheering for your bot to take over, you will be deploying desperately to change the course of events when your bot keeps losing, but even more importantly you will learn how to create as much value as you can in a short period of time, while you are mostly just having fun.
Please check out http://leanpoker.org for more information.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Domain-Driven Design in Practice with Michael Plöd (Online Workshop on 13th - 15th December 2022)
- Certified Agile Team Coaching with Ben Maynard & Jon Spruce (Online Workshop on 6th - 10th February 2023)
- YOW! Sydney Developer Conference 2022 (in Sydney on 12th - 13th December 2022)
- Business Agility powered by Product Strategy (SkillsCast recorded in November 2022)
- Mastering Your Inner Demons as Product Managers (SkillsCast recorded in November 2022)
Rafael Ordog (DeVill) is a Lead Developer at Budapest-based Emarsys and popular speaker in the Hungarian software community. As a founding member of Emarsys CraftLab - the dedicated coaching team of Emarsys - he has taught university courses and lectured at numerous conferences. His passion for short feedback loops drove him to create Lean Poker, a workshop where developers have the opportunity to experiment with continuous delivery in an artificial environment.