A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
Now here is the catch: even before you start coding the bots play a round in a matter of seconds, and if your bot wins you get points. If it comes second, you get less points. Otherwise you get nothing. The next minute another game plays, and another one, and another one… that goes on all day long, while you and your friends are desperately hacking away on the code, and keep deploying, deploying, and deploying. Don’t worry about the deployment pipeline, that’s already set up for you.
During this pretty intense day you will sometimes be cheering for your bot to take over, you will be deploying desperately to change the course of events when your bot keeps losing, but even more importantly you will learn how to create as much value as you can in a short period of time, while you are mostly just having fun.
Please check out http://leanpoker.org for more information.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Agile at Scale with Joakim Sundén (Online Course on 20th - 23rd September 2021)
- Understanding Distributed Systems using OpenTelemetry with Liz Fong-Jones (Online Course on 22nd September 2021)
- YOW! December 2021 (Online Conference on 30th November - 1st December 2021)
- Gojko Adzic: Facilitating Impact Mapping - September Meetup part 2 (Online Meetup on 29th September 2021)
- Remote LeSS Sprints with Review Bazaar (Online Meetup on 5th October 2021)
- Words Matter. Build Team Relationships and Push Through Conflicts by Practicing Nonviolent Communication (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)
- Building Adaptive Systems for a Fast Flow of Change (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)
Rafael Ordog (DeVill) is a Lead Developer at Budapest-based Emarsys and popular speaker in the Hungarian software community. As a founding member of Emarsys CraftLab - the dedicated coaching team of Emarsys - he has taught university courses and lectured at numerous conferences. His passion for short feedback loops drove him to create Lean Poker, a workshop where developers have the opportunity to experiment with continuous delivery in an artificial environment.