Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Microservices allow you to adopt composite architectures in which the value of the composite is greater than the sum of the parts. Compositional solutions have a long tradition and are a core element of the Unix philosophy.
Through REST you now understand that the Web is a Resource Oriented Architecture. So perhaps you should think of microservices in terms of "microresources"?
In this talk Peter will introduce Resource Oriented Computing, a general abstraction for software in which "everything is a resource". ROC solutions are built by composing resources from nanoservice endpoints located in "microweb" spaces. Evovable highly scaled, ultra-high performance solutions are created by the scale-invariant composition of "microwebs". Resources all the way down, or if you prefer, microservices, nanoservices, femtoservices all the way down...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- So you broke it into tiny pieces. How should you put it back together? (SkillsCast recorded in March 2017)
- Microservices Architecture with Jorge Ortiz‑Fuentes (Online Course on 19th - 21st April 2021)
- μCon: The Microservices eXchange (Online Conference on 13th - 14th April 2021)
- Event-Driven Microservices: The Sense, Nonsense and a Way Forward (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
- Technologies for Microservices (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)