Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Microservices allow you to adopt composite architectures in which the value of the composite is greater than the sum of the parts. Compositional solutions have a long tradition and are a core element of the Unix philosophy.
Through REST you now understand that the Web is a Resource Oriented Architecture. So perhaps you should think of microservices in terms of "microresources"?
In this talk Peter will introduce Resource Oriented Computing, a general abstraction for software in which "everything is a resource". ROC solutions are built by composing resources from nanoservice endpoints located in "microweb" spaces. Evovable highly scaled, ultra-high performance solutions are created by the scale-invariant composition of "microwebs". Resources all the way down, or if you prefer, microservices, nanoservices, femtoservices all the way down...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- So you broke it into tiny pieces. How should you put it back together? (SkillsCast recorded in March 2017)
- Building and Leading Remote Teams (Online Meetup on 19th August 2020)
- Building a Cloud Native Application with Quarkus (Online Meetup on 27th August 2020)
- Building Ephemeral Environments For Developers in Kubernetes (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Keynote: It’s a Trap! Vendor Lock-in and the Cloud (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)