Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
As an independent software engineer Michael has worked with various clients designing, building, testing, maintaining and even redesigning private and public APIs; starting from a simple API for Single-Page-Application to a highly scalable and complex kickass API serving millions of users every day.
In this talk Michael will share his experience from these projects giving some guidelines on API design and answering some questions which occur in every API project like "How can we provide this operation and still being RESTful?" or "How should we version our API?". Besides an admirable API Design Testing, Documentation and Mocking are always sticking points, which Michael wants to demystify by sharing his handy approach to creating an awesome developer experience.
With this talk you will be inspired to apply some of these techniques in your next API project.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- TDD for APIs in a Microservice World (SkillsCast recorded in November 2016)
- Product Elevation 2021 (Online Conference on 18th - 19th November 2021)
- The What & Why of Continuous Discovery (Online Meetup on 27th July 2021)
- Product Management Helps Us Build the RIGHT Things (in Online Event on 15th September 2021)
- The Sonic Contender (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Pushing Dynamic Features Your Users Want, As Quick As They Want Them (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
How to build an API your developers will love?
Michael worked as an independent API specialist for many years. He advised his clients in terms of API design, authorization standards, development processes and the implementation itself.