Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
So you have decided that you have outgrown your monolithic application, and now you want to break it up into microservices. Just how do you go about that? Often likened to "building planes in the sky" complex restructuring projects often fail because teams lack the understanding of how to avoid going dark whilst delivering technical transformation.
In this presentation you will discover the key steps at decomposing your monolith. You'll learn about some key topics like: identifying your business capabilities, strangles, event interception, reference data and autonomy that will help you understand the steps in breaking your code loose from its monolithic prison.
You'll also discover how you gain buy-in.
By the end of this presentation you should have some idea of proven strategies for technical transformation projects.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Event Driven Collaboration (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Fast Track to Chaos Engineering with Russ Miles (in London on 6th - 8th November 2019)
- Fast Track to RESTful Microservices (in London on 11th - 13th November 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- µCon London 2020 - The Conference on Microservices, DDD & Software Architecture (in London on 27th - 29th May 2020)
- 2 Presentations: Kubernetes Ingress & DevOps and Microservices Better Together (in London on 17th October 2019)
- 2 Presentations: DevOps Patterns and Antipatterns & Best Practice Application Delivery (in London on 11th December 2019)
- Building Ephemeral Environments For Developers in Kubernetes (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Testing in Production. From DevTestOops to DevTestOps (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)