Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Jenny and Pete take a critical look at the modern analysis paradigm, and wonder why it is still so easy to end up in user story hell or spend years building the wrong thing.
Have we thrown away too much of our more structured analysis methods? Why is it so hard to start small?
You will explore a range of divergent and convergent practices, and how to use the right tools at the right time to deliver value as quickly as possible.
The session will finish by exploring some concrete techniques you can take home and start using straight away to achieve convergence at the each point in the software lifecycle.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Knowing Me Knowing you.... Ahaaaaa! (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Certified Scrum Master with Abid Quereshi (Online Course on 26th - 28th October 2020)
- Lean Code: How to Code Efficiently (Online Meetup on 22nd October 2020)
- Keynote: SWARMing into Action (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Keynote: Deliberate Practice: Reaching your potential (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Analysis and Synthesis - or how to get the balance right
Pete is CTO at Railsbank - enabling fintech companies to access global banking with 5 lines of code, and driving the costs out of finance infrastructure so finance can be more inclusive and less abusive.
Jenny Martin coaches in Agile delivery, quality improvement and innovation gaming. She has a deep appreciation for business goal segmentation and the visualization of what she labels ‘horizons of value’ within business strategy.