Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this talk Sandro will explain the pros and cons of the two main styles of TDD when it comes to software design, he'll discuss why some developers can test-drive well-crafted code while others can’t, and he'll also explain how to reason about design decisions.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Crafting Code with Sandro Mancuso (Online Course on 14th - 15th October 2021)
- Software Modernisation: A Strategic Approach (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
- Certified Scrum Master with Abid Quereshi (Online Course on 4th - 5th November 2021)
- Accessibility Testing: Why and How to involve People with Disabilities (Online Meetup on 28th October 2021)
- TPP: From Dumb, to Specific, to Generic (SkillsCast recorded in July 2021)
- Keynote: Deliberate Practice: Reaching your potential (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Does TDD really lead to good design?
Software craftsman, author, and founder of the London Software Craftsmanship Community (LSCC). Sandro has been coding since a very young age but only started his professional career in 1996. He has worked for startups, software houses, product companies, international consultancy companies, and investment banks.
During his career Sandro had the opportunity to work in a good variety of projects, with different languages, technologies, and across many different industries. Sandro has a lot of experience in bringing the Software Craftsmanship ideology and Extreme Programming practices to organisations of all sizes. Sandro is internationally renowned by his work on evolving and spreading Software Craftsmanship and is frequently invited to speak in many conferences around the world. His professional aspiration is to raise the bar of the software industry by helping developers become better at and care more about their craft.