At BuildStuff'14, Kevlin Henney presented an excellent talk titled "Seven ineffective coding habits of many programmers". As an attendee that day and someone who has exhibited many of these habits over the years, I came to realize that using F# has cured me of many of these ineffective habits! In this talk I'll share my thoughts on how the use of F# and functional programming techniques can help form and nurture good habits and give you the perfect practice you need to make perfect.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- You wouldn't build your own toaster, would you? (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Functional Concurrency in .NET with C# and F# with Riccardo Terrell (Online Course on 8th - 11th March 2021)
- F# eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 20th - 21st October 2021)
- F# for a Real World E-commerce Project (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
- Rethinking Bioinformatic Algorithms Using F# (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
7 Ineffective Coding Habits with Yan Cui
Yan is an experienced engineer who has run production workload at scale in AWS for nearly 10 years. He has been an architect and principal engineer with a variety of industries ranging from banking, e-commerce, sports streaming to mobile gaming. He has worked extensively with AWS Lambda in production, and has been helping various UK clients adopt AWS and serverless as an independent consultant.