Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Join Daniel for a whistle-stop tour of the business and people challenges that he has experienced first hand when implementing a greenfield microservice project, and also breaking down a monolith. You will discover ‘divided companies’ vs ‘connected companies’, determine the actual impact of conway's law, briefly touch on the lean startup/enterprise mindset, dive into change management without the management double-speak, and look at the lightweight processes needed to ensure the technical success of a microservices implementation.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- API Gateways and Service Meshes: Opening the Door to Application Modernisation (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Microservices Architecture with Jorge Ortiz‑Fuentes (Online Course on 6th - 8th September 2021)
- Distributed Data Patterns for Microservices — Half‑Day Workshop [SAG Digital 2021] (Online Course on 12th October 2021)
- From Domain Boundaries to Purposeful Architecture (SkillsCast recorded in June 2021)
- Building a Runtime Reflection System for Rust (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
The Business Behind Microservices: Organisational, Architectural and Operational Challenges
Daniel Bryant works as an Independent Technical Consultant and Product Architect at Datawire. His technical expertise focuses on ‘DevOps’ tooling, cloud/container platforms, and microservice implementations. Daniel is a Java Champion, and contributes to several open source projects. He also writes for InfoQ, O’Reilly, and TheNewStack, and regularly presents at international conferences such as OSCON, QCon and JavaOne. In his copious amounts of free time he enjoys running, reading and traveling.