Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Join Daniel for a whistle-stop tour of the business and people challenges that he has experienced first hand when implementing a greenfield microservice project, and also breaking down a monolith. You will discover ‘divided companies’ vs ‘connected companies’, determine the actual impact of conway's law, briefly touch on the lean startup/enterprise mindset, dive into change management without the management double-speak, and look at the lightweight processes needed to ensure the technical success of a microservices implementation.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- API Gateways and Service Meshes: Opening the Door to Application Modernisation (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Understanding Distributed Systems using OpenTelemetry with Liz Fong-Jones (Online Course on 7th December 2021)
- Deploying Microservices and Traditional Applications with Kubernetes (with Jérôme Petazzoni) (Online Course on 28th March - 1st April 2022)
- Keynote — Haskell: What To Do When Success Can't Be Avoided (SkillsCast recorded in November 2021)
- Understanding Microservices: A Guide for the Monolithic Developer (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
The Business Behind Microservices: Organisational, Architectural and Operational Challenges
Daniel Bryant works as an Independent Technical Consultant and Product Architect at Datawire. His technical expertise focuses on ‘DevOps’ tooling, cloud/container platforms, and microservice implementations. Daniel is a Java Champion, and contributes to several open source projects. He also writes for InfoQ, O’Reilly, and TheNewStack, and regularly presents at international conferences such as OSCON, QCon and JavaOne. In his copious amounts of free time he enjoys running, reading and traveling.