Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Microservices have been garnered a lot of attention and popularity in recent times, but service evolution is neither a new thing nor free.
In this talk, Asher and Kingsley will explore some of the factors that drive the shift to microservices. The pain points that will be encountered on this journey. And some tools and techniques which can be landmarks to help direct you along the way.
The talk will cover social, design, development and delivery aspects of running microservices implementations in a hierarchical fashion. Also they'll cover the recent emergence of devops tools their use and whether they are just manifesting the law of the shiny.
The talk will cover social, design, development - with a rummage through the dirty laundry of monitoring, service discovery and security - and deployment in a hierarchical fashion.
Juliet Bravo may also be mentioned...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Effective Ethics for Busy People (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Better Software Faster with Dave Farley (Online Course on 8th - 9th February 2021)
- Docker Fundamentals with Matt Saunders (Online Course on 22nd - 25th February 2021)
- Accelerated Software eXchange Forum (Online Conference on 18th February 2021)
- μCon: The Microservices eXchange (Online Conference on 13th - 14th April 2021)
- Introducing AWS Immersion Days (Online Meetup on 11th February 2021)
- Event-Driven Microservices: The Sense, Nonsense and a Way Forward (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
- Lightning Talk: E Pluribus Unum – Adventures in Polycloud Delivery (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
Sado MicroServices: compelling factors driving microservices and useful safety words
Kingsley is a Partner at Underscore consulting, and has spent nearly two decades designing, developing and supporting large scale systems for a number of clients including, Betfair, the BBC, Barclaycard and others that don't start with a B ;-)