Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
The software world is abuzz with cloud, scalability, and concurrency. One actor amongst this news storm is something called Reactive, which is gaining in popularity. But just what is it? Many of the concepts are explained in an abstract way and it’s hard to get a handle on what’s involved. This talk will aim to draw out the essence of Reactive and Reactive Streams and then tie those into practical examples so you can see when and why you would want to use the technique. Because it’s hard to add reactive to an existing system and you really need to make the decision on whether to use it before you begin coding/designing your system.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Gradle's New Model (SkillsCast recorded in December 2015)
- Azure DevOps (in Online on 15th July 2020)
- Debugging Containers on Kubernetes with "kubectl debug" (in Online Event on 23rd July 2020)
- Let’s Play with Cloud Code to Run Cloud Native Applications (SkillsCast recorded in June 2020)
- The Light Way (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Reactive...what's it all about?
Peter is a long time Java developer and one of the core Grails committers. He has been developing with Grails since version 0.2 (give or take 0.1). He created the GWT Grails plugin as an exercise to see whether it was possible, but it has since grown into something that can support serious development.