SkillsCast coming soon.
Does anyone remember the game “Missile Command” on Atari? Krzysztof bets you know it or played some kind of clone. During this session he would like to simulate missile defence system and protect planet Earth from hostile aliens. Under the hood there will be Scala and Akka. Akka is a great toolkit for creating reactive applications, but it shows its full capabilities if it is run as a cluster. Join Krzysztof as he simulates network and power failures to provide some idea how fast it can recover.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- Scalax2gether Community Day 2019 (in London on 14th December 2019)
- Lightning Talk - Sbt plugins 101c : How to Create Your Own Plugin (SkillsCast recorded in December 2017)
- Lightbend Akka for Scala - Professional (in London on 11th - 12th November 2019)
- Modern development with Java (in London on 9th - 11th December 2019)
- Code Kata: Yilin Wei - Optics with Monocle (in London on 22nd October 2019)
- Keynote by Ruben Bridgewater on Performance Optimisations and the Possible Savings Doing So (in London on 30th October 2019)
- Abstract Data Types In The Region Of Abysmal Pain, And How To Navigate Them (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- The Last Frontier and Beyond (SkillsCast recorded in August 2019)
Beat Aliens with Akka Cluster
Krzysztof is a software developer with 10 years of professional experience. Having spent many years on Java programming and problem solving, he has developed useful tools that make a programmer’s life easier. He is also a founder of a few open-source projects.