SkillsCast coming soon.
Does anyone remember the game “Missile Command” on Atari? Krzysztof bets you know it or played some kind of clone. During this session he would like to simulate missile defence system and protect planet Earth from hostile aliens. Under the hood there will be Scala and Akka. Akka is a great toolkit for creating reactive applications, but it shows its full capabilities if it is run as a cluster. Join Krzysztof as he simulates network and power failures to provide some idea how fast it can recover.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Lightning Talk - Sbt plugins 101c : How to Create Your Own Plugin (SkillsCast recorded in December 2017)
- Modern development with Java (in London on 15th - 17th July 2019)
- Lightbend Scala Language - Professional (in London on 9th - 10th September 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- Keynote by Dick Wall on Why API Design Matters, and Why Yours Sucks! (and mine sucks too!) (in London on 24th June 2019)
- London Java Community June (in London on 25th June 2019)
- The Elements of Tagless Final Style (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Scala 2.13 and Beyond! (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
Beat Aliens with Akka Cluster
Krzysztof is a software developer with 10 years of professional experience. Having spent many years on Java programming and problem solving, he has developed useful tools that make a programmer’s life easier. He is also a founder of a few open-source projects.