Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Matt wants to show you that qualities such as responsiveness, resilience and elasticity can be defined and, perhaps more importantly, quantified. Furthermore, he hopes to convince you that the design constraints imposed by REST enable you to achieve them.
Matt will explore the following topics:
Design: resources, methods, identifiers, headers, pagination, and versioning.
Implementation: routes, path matchers, tables, queries, and database configuration.
Deployment: the aws cli and cloud formation, auto-scaling groups, and cloud init.
This talk should be of interest to you if you are writing web services for internal or public consumption.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Type-Driven Development in Practice: Cats and Akka HTTP (SkillsCast recorded in December 2018)
- Essential Effects | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 10th - 13th May 2021)
- Akka Streams for Scala | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 10th - 12th May 2021)
- ScalaCon 2021 (Online Conference on 18th - 22nd May 2021)
- An Introduction to Cats Effect with Adam Rosien (SkillsCast recorded in April 2021)
- AWS Immersion Days (SkillsCast recorded in February 2021)
Reactive in practice: web services with Scala and AWS
Matt Roberts is a Lead Consultant at a Disney Streaming Services. Engineering web-scale software using Scala, AWS and FP with the help of awesome people. Matt has used Scala since 2.8 and enjoys using the type system and functional concepts to make great software.