Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Matt wants to show you that qualities such as responsiveness, resilience and elasticity can be defined and, perhaps more importantly, quantified. Furthermore, he hopes to convince you that the design constraints imposed by REST enable you to achieve them.
Matt will explore the following topics:
Design: resources, methods, identifiers, headers, pagination, and versioning.
Implementation: routes, path matchers, tables, queries, and database configuration.
Deployment: the aws cli and cloud formation, auto-scaling groups, and cloud init.
This talk should be of interest to you if you are writing web services for internal or public consumption.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Type-Driven Development in Practice: Cats and Akka HTTP (SkillsCast recorded in December 2018)
- ScalaCon 2022: Keynote Meetup (in London on 4th October 2022)
- ScalaCon 2022 (Online Conference on 4th - 8th October 2022)
- What is happening with Java? (Online Meetup on 6th June 2022)
- WebAssembly for Java Developers (Online Meetup on 8th June 2022)
- Mainframe & Serverless Integration – How to Liberate the Data and Stay Competitive (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- Building Reactive Systems on AWS (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
Reactive in practice: web services with Scala and AWS
Matt Roberts is a Lead Consultant at a Disney Streaming Services. Engineering web-scale software using Scala, AWS and FP with the help of awesome people. Matt has used Scala since 2.8 and enjoys using the type system and functional concepts to make great software.