Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this talk you will discover how to create reactive web services with Akka HTTP, Slick and AWS. In particular, Matt will focus on how to design, implement and deploy a RESTful web service.
Matt wants to show you that qualities such as responsiveness, resilience and elasticity can be defined and, perhaps more importantly, quantified. Furthermore, he hopes to convince you that the design constraints imposed by REST enable you to achieve them.
Matt will explore the following topics:
Design: resources, methods, identifiers, headers, pagination, and versioning.
Implementation: routes, path matchers, tables, queries, and database configuration.
Deployment: the aws cli and cloud formation, auto-scaling groups, and cloud init.
This talk should be of interest to you if you are writing web services for internal or public consumption.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Type-Driven Development in Practice: Cats and Akka HTTP (SkillsCast recorded in December 2018)
- Functional Programming in Java, Groovy, and Kotlin (Online Meetup on 4th August 2020)
- The History of DevOps at Amazon (Online Meetup on 16th September 2020)
- First look at Jetpack Compose (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Effective Reactive Architecture (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Reactive in practice: web services with Scala and AWS
Matt Roberts is a Lead Consultant at a Disney Streaming Services. Engineering web-scale software using Scala, AWS and FP with the help of awesome people. Matt has used Scala since 2.8 and enjoys using the type system and functional concepts to make great software.