Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this talk you will discover how to create reactive web services with Akka HTTP, Slick and AWS. In particular, Matt will focus on how to design, implement and deploy a RESTful web service.
Matt wants to show you that qualities such as responsiveness, resilience and elasticity can be defined and, perhaps more importantly, quantified. Furthermore, he hopes to convince you that the design constraints imposed by REST enable you to achieve them.
Matt will explore the following topics:
Design: resources, methods, identifiers, headers, pagination, and versioning.
Implementation: routes, path matchers, tables, queries, and database configuration.
Deployment: the aws cli and cloud formation, auto-scaling groups, and cloud init.
This talk should be of interest to you if you are writing web services for internal or public consumption.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Type-Driven Development in Practice: Cats and Akka HTTP (SkillsCast recorded in December 2018)
- Fast Track to RESTful Microservices (in London on 11th - 13th November 2019)
- Lightbend Akka for Scala - Professional (in London on 11th - 12th November 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- Scalax2gether Community Day 2019 (in London on 14th December 2019)
- Code Kata: Yilin Wei - Optics with Monocle (in London on 22nd October 2019)
- Keynote by Ruben Bridgewater on Performance Optimisations and the Possible Savings Doing So (in London on 30th October 2019)
- Abstract Data Types In The Region Of Abysmal Pain, And How To Navigate Them (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Busier than Barclaycard on Black Friday (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
Reactive in practice: web services with Scala and AWS
Matt Roberts is a Lead Consultant at a Disney Streaming Services. Engineering web-scale software using Scala, AWS and FP with the help of awesome people. Matt has used Scala since 2.8 and enjoys using the type system and functional concepts to make great software.