Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this presentation, Gianluca Borello will cover the current state of the art for container monitoring and visibility, including real use-cases and pros / cons of each. He will then focus on advanced container visibility techniques, such as:
- visualizing a container’s network activity
- understanding detailed resource usage (CPU, memory and disk I/O) of containers and individual processes running inside containers
- following process and user activity inside containers
- collecting logs from multiple containers .
The presentation will include live interaction with container environments and aims to cover two of the potentially most popular subjects for attendees: containerization and performance monitoring. These container monitoring techniques will help DevOps engineers to deploy a containerized infrastructure in production with confidence and peace of mind. Special emphasis will be put on sysdig, an open source container and system troubleshooting tool that the presenter has helped author.
GitHub link: https://github.com/draios/sysdig
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Certified Scrum Master with Abid Quereshi (Online Course on 1st - 2nd June 2021)
- Advanced Kubernetes Concepts with Jérôme Petazzoni (Online Course on 7th - 10th June 2021)
- LDN *Virtual* Talks Apr 2021 *Red Badger Takeover* (Online Meetup on 27th April 2021)
- Network Automation and Tooling (Online Meetup on 29th April 2021)
- Three Challenges in Microservices: Developer Feedback, Continuous Delivery, and Cost Optimization (SkillsCast recorded in April 2021)
- The Microfrontend Revolution: Webpack 5 Module Federation (SkillsCast recorded in April 2021)
The Dark Art of Container Monitoring
Luca Marturana is a developer at Sysdig where he wears many hats. He is a core developer of sysdig, an open source troubleshooting tool for Linux and containers, and he spends his days dealing with agent development, performance analysis and cloud infrastructure management.