Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this presentation, Gianluca Borello will cover the current state of the art for container monitoring and visibility, including real use-cases and pros / cons of each. He will then focus on advanced container visibility techniques, such as:
- visualizing a container’s network activity
- understanding detailed resource usage (CPU, memory and disk I/O) of containers and individual processes running inside containers
- following process and user activity inside containers
- collecting logs from multiple containers .
The presentation will include live interaction with container environments and aims to cover two of the potentially most popular subjects for attendees: containerization and performance monitoring. These container monitoring techniques will help DevOps engineers to deploy a containerized infrastructure in production with confidence and peace of mind. Special emphasis will be put on sysdig, an open source container and system troubleshooting tool that the presenter has helped author.
GitHub link: https://github.com/draios/sysdig
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Understanding Distributed Systems using OpenTelemetry with Liz Fong-Jones (Online Course on 22nd September 2021)
- Intermediate Docker with Matt Saunders (Online Course on 19th - 22nd October 2021)
- Cloud, OpenSource and Community (SkillsCast recorded in June 2021)
- Serverless First (SkillsCast recorded in June 2021)
The Dark Art of Container Monitoring
Luca Marturana is a developer at Sysdig where he wears many hats. He is a core developer of sysdig, an open source troubleshooting tool for Linux and containers, and he spends his days dealing with agent development, performance analysis and cloud infrastructure management.