Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Jeff Smith - Collecting Uncertain Data the Reactive Way
Aurelien (Rory) Waite - Scala and Statistical Machine Translation
Bas Geerdnik - The rise of Scala at ING
Karl Brodowsky - Why computers calculate wrong and how to fix it
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Lightning Talk: Some Thoughts about Immutability and its Limits (SkillsCast recorded in December 2018)
- Essential Effects | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 25th - 28th October 2021)
- ScalaCon 2021: November Edition (Online Conference on 2nd - 5th November 2021)
- Journey to the Centre of the JVM (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
- Connecting the dots - building and structuring a functional application in Scala (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
Lightning Talks 2
Bas is a programmer, scientist, and IT manager. He works as Technology Lead in the AI domain.
Jeff Smith builds large-scale machine learning systems using Scala and Spark. For the past decade, he has been working on data science applications at various startups in New York, San Francisco, and Hong Kong. He is a frequent blogger and the author of an upcoming book from Manning on how to build reactive machine learning systems using Scala, Akka, and Spark.
Aurelien is a research scientist at SDL Research, specialising in Machine Translation. He completed his Ph.D at the University of Cambridge under the supervision of Prof. Bill Byrne
Karl has been working for his own company IT Sky Consulting GmbH since 2007, mostly as contractor doing SW development, SW-architecture, and training, including teaching college lectures. He has a sound knowledge of programming languages such as Clojure, Scala, Java, Perl, Ruby, and C.