A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
Sofia will talk about joining a team in the midst of their technical evolution, as they move from a monolith to a service orientated architecture, from infrequent and manually tested releases to a continuous delivery platform, and from older technology choices to a modern architecture, using Scala and associated tools.
Discussing the path to change, Sofia will cover:
The tactical and targeted use of hack days, spikes, workshops and ad-hoc discussions
Ongoing challenges that are still unresolved (e.g. strategies for error handling)
Shared joys and pains from different developers from disparate backgrounds
Repeated mistakes and how to avoid them
Sofia will finish by summing up her experience with Scala as the first language she's used in industry, and the most important things she has learnt in the last six months.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Into the New World (SkillsCast recorded in December 2018)
- Azure DevOps (in Online Event on 15th July 2020)
- How developers are the new security rockstars (in Online on 16th July 2020)
- Software Modernisation: A Strategic Approach (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
- Intro to OCaml (SkillsCast recorded in June 2020)