A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
Sofia will talk about joining a team in the midst of their technical evolution, as they move from a monolith to a service orientated architecture, from infrequent and manually tested releases to a continuous delivery platform, and from older technology choices to a modern architecture, using Scala and associated tools.
Discussing the path to change, Sofia will cover:
The tactical and targeted use of hack days, spikes, workshops and ad-hoc discussions
Ongoing challenges that are still unresolved (e.g. strategies for error handling)
Shared joys and pains from different developers from disparate backgrounds
Repeated mistakes and how to avoid them
Sofia will finish by summing up her experience with Scala as the first language she's used in industry, and the most important things she has learnt in the last six months.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Into the New World (SkillsCast recorded in December 2018)
- Better Software Faster with Dave Farley (Online Course on 8th - 9th February 2021)
- Microservices Architecture with Jorge Ortiz‑Fuentes (Online Course on 15th - 17th February 2021)
- μCon: The Microservices eXchange (Online Conference on 13th - 14th April 2021)
- F# eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 20th - 21st October 2021)
- Introducing AWS Immersion Days (Online Meetup on 11th February 2021)
- Event-Driven Microservices: The Sense, Nonsense and a Way Forward (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
- Lightning Talk: E Pluribus Unum – Adventures in Polycloud Delivery (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)