SkillsCast coming soon.
Sofia will talk about joining a team in the midst of their technical evolution, as they move from a monolith to a service orientated architecture, from infrequent and manually tested releases to a continuous delivery platform, and from older technology choices to a modern architecture, using Scala and associated tools.
Discussing the path to change, Sofia will cover:
The tactical and targeted use of hack days, spikes, workshops and ad-hoc discussions
Ongoing challenges that are still unresolved (e.g. strategies for error handling)
Shared joys and pains from different developers from disparate backgrounds
Repeated mistakes and how to avoid them
Sofia will finish by summing up her experience with Scala as the first language she's used in industry, and the most important things she has learnt in the last six months.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Into the New World (SkillsCast recorded in December 2018)
- Fast Track to Chaos Engineering with Russ Miles (in London on 1st - 3rd July 2019)
- WebAssembly Deep Dive with Brian Sletten (in London on 8th - 9th July 2019)
- ProgNET London 2019 (in London on 11th - 13th September 2019)
- Keynote by Kris Nova on The Power of Linux Virtualization with Cloud Native (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Hands-on: Fractal art with Fable and WebGL (in London on 20th June 2019)
- Upgrading to Django 2.2 (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Getting Into the Zero Downtime Deployment World (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)