SkillsCast coming soon.
Sofia will talk about joining a team in the midst of their technical evolution, as they move from a monolith to a service orientated architecture, from infrequent and manually tested releases to a continuous delivery platform, and from older technology choices to a modern architecture, using Scala and associated tools.
Discussing the path to change, Sofia will cover:
The tactical and targeted use of hack days, spikes, workshops and ad-hoc discussions
Ongoing challenges that are still unresolved (e.g. strategies for error handling)
Shared joys and pains from different developers from disparate backgrounds
Repeated mistakes and how to avoid them
Sofia will finish by summing up her experience with Scala as the first language she's used in industry, and the most important things she has learnt in the last six months.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Into the New World (SkillsCast recorded in December 2018)
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 22nd - 23rd October 2019)
- Fast Track to Chaos Engineering with Russ Miles (in London on 6th - 8th November 2019)
- Clojure eXchange 2019 (in London on 2nd - 3rd December 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- Keynote by Brian Ketelsen on Going Multicloud with Serverless (in London on 17th October 2019)
- 2 Presentations: Kubernetes Ingress & DevOps and Microservices Better Together (in London on 17th October 2019)
- Keynote: (Programming Languages) in Agda = Programming (Languages in Agda) (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Keynote: Haskell is a Great Host (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)