A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
Sofia will talk about joining a team in the midst of their technical evolution, as they move from a monolith to a service orientated architecture, from infrequent and manually tested releases to a continuous delivery platform, and from older technology choices to a modern architecture, using Scala and associated tools.
Discussing the path to change, Sofia will cover:
The tactical and targeted use of hack days, spikes, workshops and ad-hoc discussions
Ongoing challenges that are still unresolved (e.g. strategies for error handling)
Shared joys and pains from different developers from disparate backgrounds
Repeated mistakes and how to avoid them
Sofia will finish by summing up her experience with Scala as the first language she's used in industry, and the most important things she has learnt in the last six months.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Into the New World (SkillsCast recorded in December 2018)
- Advanced Kubernetes Concepts with Jérôme Petazzoni (Online Course on 28th September - 1st October 2020)
- Docker Fundamentals with Matt Saunders (Online Course on 19th - 22nd October 2020)
- F# eXchange 2020 (Online Conference on 21st October 2020)
- Haskell eXchange 2020 (Online Conference on 4th - 5th November 2020)
- Implementing Microservices: Nobody Told Me About That (Online Meetup on 15th October 2020)
- Strategic Domain-Driven Design Tools For Non‑DDD People (Online Meetup on 29th October 2020)
- Web Performance & Agility: A Curious Mashup (SkillsCast recorded in September 2020)
- Accessibility in Flutter (SkillsCast recorded in August 2020)