Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
First we'll show you how we can use the Scala Type System to build a domain model based on case classes and functional paradigms. Contrary to what common sense dictates, we'll demonstrate that functional programming is a very good fit for domain modeling.
We'll cover the following points:
The advantages and pitfalls of using Akka as a messaging subsystem
How to reliably propagate events from the command side to the query side of your CQRS application
How to recover from failure
How to fit it in an asynchronous programming model
During this hands-on session we'll build a simple CQRS application based on Play and Akka.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- What Can Lagom Do For You? (SkillsCast recorded in December 2018)
- Domain Models in Practice with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Course on 8th - 12th November 2021)
- ScalaCon 2021: November Edition (Online Conference on 2nd - 5th November 2021)
- Domain-Driven Design & Legacy: Evolution Not Revolution (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- Keynote: Moving House (SkillsCast recorded in June 2021)
Building a CQRS application using the Scala Type System and Akka
Renato is a software developer at Lightbend where he works in the Lagom Framework Team. Scala aficionado since 2009, he has been hacking in Scala and related technologies for fun and profit. He has a special interest for Event Sourcing/CQRS, DDD and Microservices Architectures. He's the founder of BeScala (Belgian Scala User Group) and maintainer of Lagom Framework.