SkillsCast coming soon.
Macros in Scala seem to be esoteric and difficult to implement. In this talk you'll walk through a simple example of how to write a macro to provide JSON serialisation for an abstract data type.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Moving Away from Hope-Driven Development (SkillsCast recorded in December 2017)
- Lightbend Scala Language - Professional (in London on 9th - 10th September 2019)
- Lightbend Scala Language - Expert (in London on 11th - 13th September 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- Keynote by Dick Wall on Why API Design Matters, and Why Yours Sucks! (and mine sucks too!) (in London on 24th June 2019)
- London Java Community June (in London on 25th June 2019)
- The Elements of Tagless Final Style (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Scala 2.13 and Beyond! (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
Making your life easier with macros
Gus previously worked as a java developer in finance and media, experiencing all of the delights that come with over-engineering a large XML-configured application. He has spent the last few years writing scala apps and playing buzzword bingo in startups. Currently he is a Senior Scala Developer/Technical Architect at Depop, a social selling app.