.NET numerical libraries tend to be designed in a heavily object oriented style. For someone used to the expressiveness of numpy or Matlab this might be a bit of a problem. Also, even if some functionality is delegated to high performance libraries like Math Kernel Library, the design does not allow us to evaluate vector/matrix expressions in the most efficient way or use all available memory.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Beyond Excel: Building Excel-like Models in F# (SkillsCast recorded in April 2015)
- Functional Concurrency in .NET with C# and F# with Riccardo Terrell (Online Workshop on 11th - 14th October 2022)
- F# eXchange 2022: Online (Online Conference on 25th - 26th October 2022)
- F# eXchange 2022: In-Person (in London on 25th - 26th October 2022)
- Haskell: A Conversion Experience (SkillsCast recorded in November 2021)
- Using F# to Structure an Island of Simplicity (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)