Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Struggling to document your APIs? Still using a wiki page to do it? Come to this talk and learn the secrets of documenting REST APIs! One of the secrets to a successful Microservices application is the quality of its APIs - so using a decent tool to help develop them is essential; without the right tool, producing APIs can become as tedious as reading through a dump file. This talk introduces and demonstrates a selection of opensource tools intended to help with not just documenting APIs but designing and testing them as well. Tools covered will include: Swagger, RAML, Spring RestDocs and Apiary.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Locally Developing Microservices using the Environment Leasing Pattern with Stephen Judd! (SkillsCast recorded in October 2017)
- Azure DevOps (in Online on 15th July 2020)
- Building and Leading Remote Teams (in Online on 19th August 2020)
- Keynote: It’s a Trap! Vendor Lock-in and the Cloud (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Istio service mesh vs AWS App Mesh: how about both? (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
Zen and the Art of REST API documentation - 'Document them and they will come' (as Kevin Costner might have said)
Stephen Judd is a Principal Consultant specialising in Systems Architecture, with a focus on Open source products and frameworks. He has considerable experience in leading and mentoring software development teams delivering pragmatic and innovative front and back-end applications.