Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Struggling to document your APIs? Still using a wiki page to do it? Come to this talk and learn the secrets of documenting REST APIs! One of the secrets to a successful Microservices application is the quality of its APIs - so using a decent tool to help develop them is essential; without the right tool, producing APIs can become as tedious as reading through a dump file. This talk introduces and demonstrates a selection of opensource tools intended to help with not just documenting APIs but designing and testing them as well. Tools covered will include: Swagger, RAML, Spring RestDocs and Apiary.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Locally Developing Microservices using the Environment Leasing Pattern with Stephen Judd! (SkillsCast recorded in October 2017)
- Fast Track to Chaos Engineering with Russ Miles (in London on 6th - 8th November 2019)
- Fast Track to RESTful Microservices (in London on 11th - 13th November 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- µCon London 2020 - The Conference on Microservices, DDD & Software Architecture (in London on 27th - 29th May 2020)
- 2 Presentations: Kubernetes Ingress & DevOps and Microservices Better Together (in London on 17th October 2019)
- DevOps Patterns and Antipatterns for Continuous Software Updates (in London on 11th December 2019)
- Building Ephemeral Environments For Developers in Kubernetes (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Testing in Production. From DevTestOops to DevTestOps (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
Zen and the Art of REST API documentation - 'Document them and they will come' (as Kevin Costner might have said)
Stephen Judd is a Principal Consultant specialising in Systems Architecture, with a focus on Open source products and frameworks. He has considerable experience in leading and mentoring software development teams delivering pragmatic and innovative front and back-end applications.