Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Struggling to document your APIs? Still using a wiki page to do it? Come to this talk and learn the secrets of documenting REST APIs! One of the secrets to a successful Microservices application is the quality of its APIs - so using a decent tool to help develop them is essential; without the right tool, producing APIs can become as tedious as reading through a dump file. This talk introduces and demonstrates a selection of opensource tools intended to help with not just documenting APIs but designing and testing them as well. Tools covered will include: Swagger, RAML, Spring RestDocs and Apiary.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Locally Developing Microservices using the Environment Leasing Pattern with Stephen Judd! (SkillsCast recorded in October 2017)
- Fast Track to Chaos Engineering with Russ Miles (in London on 1st - 3rd July 2019)
- Strategic DDD & Sociotechnical Architecture with Kacper Gunia and Nick Tune (in London on 30th September - 1st October 2019)
- ProgNET London 2019 (in London on 11th - 13th September 2019)
- Applying Chaos Engineering to build Resilient Serverless Applications (in London on 9th July 2019)
- Keynote by Emily Jiang on On Stage Hacking: Build 12-Factor Microservices in an Hour (in London on 23rd July 2019)
- Securing microservices in a serverless world (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Observability for Microservices: practical advice (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
Zen and the Art of REST API documentation - 'Document them and they will come' (as Kevin Costner might have said)
Stephen Judd is a Principal Consultant specialising in Systems Architecture, with a focus on Open source products and frameworks. He has considerable experience in leading and mentoring software development teams delivering pragmatic and innovative front and back-end applications.