Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Struggling to document your APIs? Still using a wiki page to do it? Come to this talk and learn the secrets of documenting REST APIs! One of the secrets to a successful Microservices application is the quality of its APIs - so using a decent tool to help develop them is essential; without the right tool, producing APIs can become as tedious as reading through a dump file. This talk introduces and demonstrates a selection of opensource tools intended to help with not just documenting APIs but designing and testing them as well. Tools covered will include: Swagger, RAML, Spring RestDocs and Apiary.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Locally Developing Microservices using the Environment Leasing Pattern with Stephen Judd! (SkillsCast recorded in October 2017)
- Microservices Architecture with Jorge Ortiz‑Fuentes (Online Course on 19th - 21st April 2021)
- μCon: The Microservices eXchange (Online Conference on 13th - 14th April 2021)
- Event-Driven Microservices: The Sense, Nonsense and a Way Forward (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
- Technologies for Microservices (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
Zen and the Art of REST API documentation - 'Document them and they will come' (as Kevin Costner might have said)
Stephen Judd is a Principal Consultant specialising in Systems Architecture, with a focus on Open source products and frameworks. He has considerable experience in leading and mentoring software development teams delivering pragmatic and innovative front and back-end applications.