It can be dispiriting to find that a well-designed system that has been carefully implemented runs into problems as soon as it hits production, but such things do happen. This session explores why this happens and discusses why good software development practice is important but ultimately isn't sufficient to create a reliable and effective enterprise system. We'll discuss what being "production ready" really means in order to allow us to understand the principles, patterns and practices that we need to be aware of and apply in order to get our systems into production safely and keep them there.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Practices for Effective Continuous Software Architecture (SkillsCast recorded in November 2022)
- LJC Live with Andrzej Grzesik and Karsten Silz (in London on 16th February 2023)
- Take a load off: how strong platform engineering moves an organisation forward (Online Meetup on 23rd February 2023)
- Saving Costs with Pragmatic Serverless Java Architectures (SkillsCast recorded in November 2022)
- Preparing Apache Kafka for Scala 3 (SkillsCast recorded in October 2022)