A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
ING is investing in big data, analytics and stream processing to improve data quality and business processes such as balance forecasting, fraud detection and customer relation management. Our ambition is to become a data-driven ‘experimental enterprise’. To realize this, the ING team is working on large scale with big data technologies to set up a data lake where all data flows from the bank come together. Scala is an increasingly important programming language in this scenario.
In this talk Bas will give an overview of the journey a large bank has made from traditional IT (outsourcing, Java) towards in-house development with modern frameworks (Scala, open source), covering topics such as architecture, technology, mindset & behavior, and education.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Predictive analytics with Scala and Spark at ING - Intermediate (SkillsCast recorded in December 2016)
- Extreme Java: Advanced Topics with Dr Heinz Kabutz (Online Course on 29th - 30th March 2021)
- Extreme Java: Concurrency Performance with Dr Heinz Kabutz (Online Course on 31st March - 2nd April 2021)
- Process Automation in Cloud-Native Architectures (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
- Typecheck Your Memory Management with Linear Types (SkillsCast recorded in November 2020)