A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
ING is investing in big data, analytics and stream processing to improve data quality and business processes such as balance forecasting, fraud detection and customer relation management. Our ambition is to become a data-driven ‘experimental enterprise’. To realize this, the ING team is working on large scale with big data technologies to set up a data lake where all data flows from the bank come together. Scala is an increasingly important programming language in this scenario.
In this talk Bas will give an overview of the journey a large bank has made from traditional IT (outsourcing, Java) towards in-house development with modern frameworks (Scala, open source), covering topics such as architecture, technology, mindset & behavior, and education.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Predictive analytics with Scala and Spark at ING - Intermediate (SkillsCast recorded in December 2016)
- Extreme Java: Advanced Topics with Dr Heinz Kabutz (Online Course on 28th - 29th September 2020)
- Java Design Patterns: The Timeless Way of Coding with Dr Heinz Kabutz (Online Course on 12th - 15th October 2020)
- Building a Cloud Native Application with Quarkus (Online Meetup on 27th August 2020)
- Test Automation Beyond Java 8 (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
- How to use Apache Kafka and Grafana to visualise business process decisions running on the cloud! - Paulo Menon, Ingo Weiss, Craig Reeves. (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)