SkillsCast coming soon.
ING is investing in big data, analytics and stream processing to improve data quality and business processes such as balance forecasting, fraud detection and customer relation management. Our ambition is to become a data-driven ‘experimental enterprise’. To realize this, the ING team is working on large scale with big data technologies to set up a data lake where all data flows from the bank come together. Scala is an increasingly important programming language in this scenario.
In this talk Bas will give an overview of the journey a large bank has made from traditional IT (outsourcing, Java) towards in-house development with modern frameworks (Scala, open source), covering topics such as architecture, technology, mindset & behavior, and education.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- Predictive analytics with Scala and Spark at ING - Intermediate (SkillsCast recorded in December 2016)
- Migrating to Java 11 with Ben Evans (in London on 28th - 29th October 2019)
- Pivotal's Core Spring (in London on 4th - 7th November 2019)
- Scalax2gether Community Day 2019 (in London on 14th December 2019)
- Don’t keep it to yourself - openness and honesty in the workplace (in London on 30th October 2019)
- Keynote by Heather VanCura on The Future of Java and You (in London on 7th November 2019)
- Abstract Data Types In The Region Of Abysmal Pain, And How To Navigate Them (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Scales and Flow Meters (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)