A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
Going down the microservices route makes a lot of things around creating and maintaining large systems easier but it comes at a cost too, particularly associated with challenges around security. While securing monolithic applications was a relatively well understood area, the same can't be said about microservice based architectures.
In this talk Rafal will present how implementing microservices affects the security of distributed systems, outline pros and cons of several standards and common practices and offer practical suggestions for securing microservice based systems using Play and Akka HTTP.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- What is Serverless and why should you care (SkillsCast recorded in June 2018)
- Functional Programming in Java, Groovy, and Kotlin (Online Meetup on 4th August 2020)
- Stacks, Bugs and Rock 'n' Roll & Share your work with machines - Applying Machine Learning on Elasticsearch with practical use case (Online Meetup on 5th August 2020)
- Keynote: Playful Leadership - How to Enable Transformational Change and Have Fun Doing It (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Keynote - Android: For Users and Developers (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Securing Microservices using Play and Akka HTTP
Rafal Gancarz is an IT Consultant, currently working with Starbucks. He is a versatile technologist with years of commercial experience building high quality distributed systems. Rafal is a technical architect with broad expertise in numerous architectural styles and patterns as well as excellent hands-on developer, able to tackle complexity in the heart of any IT solution while providing mentoring and guidance within the technical team. He is also a Certified Scrum Master, experienced agile practitioner and evangelist, passionate about improving project delivery and building highly performing teams.