A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
Going down the microservices route makes a lot of things around creating and maintaining large systems easier but it comes at a cost too, particularly associated with challenges around security. While securing monolithic applications was a relatively well understood area, the same can't be said about microservice based architectures.
In this talk Rafal will present how implementing microservices affects the security of distributed systems, outline pros and cons of several standards and common practices and offer practical suggestions for securing microservice based systems using Play and Akka HTTP.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- What is Serverless and why should you care (SkillsCast recorded in June 2018)
- Microservices Architecture with Jorge Ortiz‑Fuentes (Online Course on 19th - 21st April 2021)
- μCon: The Microservices eXchange (Online Conference on 13th - 14th April 2021)
- Event-Driven Microservices: The Sense, Nonsense and a Way Forward (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
- Technologies for Microservices (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
Securing Microservices using Play and Akka HTTP
Rafal Gancarz is an IT Consultant, currently working with Starbucks. He is a versatile technologist with years of commercial experience building high quality distributed systems. Rafal is a technical architect with broad expertise in numerous architectural styles and patterns as well as excellent hands-on developer, able to tackle complexity in the heart of any IT solution while providing mentoring and guidance within the technical team. He is also a Certified Scrum Master, experienced agile practitioner and evangelist, passionate about improving project delivery and building highly performing teams.