SkillsCast coming soon.
Going down the microservices route makes a lot of things around creating and maintaining large systems easier but it comes at a cost too, particularly associated with challenges around security. While securing monolithic applications was a relatively well understood area, the same can't be said about microservice based architectures.
In this talk Rafal will present how implementing microservices affects the security of distributed systems, outline pros and cons of several standards and common practices and offer practical suggestions for securing microservice based systems using Play and Akka HTTP.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- What is Serverless and why should you care (SkillsCast recorded in June 2018)
- Fast Track to Chaos Engineering with Russ Miles (in London on 6th - 8th November 2019)
- Fast Track to RESTful Microservices (in London on 11th - 13th November 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- Scalax2gether Community Day 2019 (in London on 14th December 2019)
- 2 Presentations: Kubernetes Ingress & DevOps and Microservices Better Together (in London on 17th October 2019)
- Code Kata: Yilin Wei - Optics with Monocle (in London on 22nd October 2019)
- Abstract Data Types In The Region Of Abysmal Pain, And How To Navigate Them (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Building Ephemeral Environments For Developers in Kubernetes (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
Securing Microservices using Play and Akka HTTP
Rafal Gancarz is an IT Consultant, currently working with Starbucks. He is a versatile technologist with years of commercial experience building high quality distributed systems. Rafal is a technical architect with broad expertise in numerous architectural styles and patterns as well as excellent hands-on developer, able to tackle complexity in the heart of any IT solution while providing mentoring and guidance within the technical team. He is also a Certified Scrum Master, experienced agile practitioner and evangelist, passionate about improving project delivery and building highly performing teams.