SkillsCast coming soon.
Going down the microservices route makes a lot of things around creating and maintaining large systems easier but it comes at a cost too, particularly associated with challenges around security. While securing monolithic applications was a relatively well understood area, the same can't be said about microservice based architectures.
In this talk Rafal will present how implementing microservices affects the security of distributed systems, outline pros and cons of several standards and common practices and offer practical suggestions for securing microservice based systems using Play and Akka HTTP.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- What is Serverless and why should you care (SkillsCast recorded in June 2018)
- Fast Track to Chaos Engineering with Russ Miles (in London on 1st - 3rd July 2019)
- Lightbend Scala Language - Professional (in London on 9th - 10th September 2019)
- ProgNET London 2019 (in London on 11th - 13th September 2019)
- Keynote by Kris Nova on The Power of Linux Virtualization with Cloud Native (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Keynote by Dick Wall on Why API Design Matters, and Why Yours Sucks! (and mine sucks too!) (in London on 24th June 2019)
- Securing microservices in a serverless world (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Observability for Microservices: practical advice (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
Securing Microservices using Play and Akka HTTP
Rafal Gancarz is an IT Consultant, currently working with Starbucks. He is a versatile technologist with years of commercial experience building high quality distributed systems. Rafal is a technical architect with broad expertise in numerous architectural styles and patterns as well as excellent hands-on developer, able to tackle complexity in the heart of any IT solution while providing mentoring and guidance within the technical team. He is also a Certified Scrum Master, experienced agile practitioner and evangelist, passionate about improving project delivery and building highly performing teams.