Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
A talk dedicated to the history and the future of the CIDER project. We'll briefly examine the origin of CIDER, its current state and the ambitious plans for its future.
We'll pay special attention to the myriad of features introduced in the upcoming CIDER 0.10 (which should be out by the time of the talk) and our plans to support both nREPL and the new Clojure 1.8 socket REPL at the same time. We'll also examine the possibility of adding refactoring support directly into CIDER.
Check out CIDER Project here: https://github.com/clojure-emacs/cider
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Brewing CIDER: It Starts with an Orchard (SkillsCast recorded in December 2018)
- Concurrency on the JVM using Scala (Online Meetup on 5th August 2020)
- LJC Lunchtime Lightning Talks (Online Meetup on 7th August 2020)
- Lightening talk: Redis Modules (SkillsCast recorded in July 2019)
- A Better Node.js REPL (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
CIDER: The journey so far and the road ahead
Bozhidar is the maintainer of CIDER and the editor of the community Clojure style guide. Most people would probably describe him as an Emacs zealot (and they would be right). He's also quite fond of the Lisp family of languages, functional programming in general and Clojure in particular. Believe it or not, Bozhidar has hobbies and interests outside the realm of computers, but we won't bore with those here.