Jan’s talk will explore the latest developments of the Muvr project. After a brief introduction on the nature of distributed systems (from distributed databases, through distributed state, to distributed computation), you will learn how to use Akka Cluster and Akka Persistence to implement such distributed systems. Once the data is safely stored in a journal, it is important to be able to perform deeper analysis. To do so, Jan will show you how to access the data in the journal in a distributed computation program running in Apache Spark.
With the mechanics done, Jan will explain how to use (deep) neural networks that can be very easily trained to recognize patterns in the ingested data.
You will learn the advantages and traps of designing distributed domains, data and computation: systems that may become the next generation of financial systems, bringing elasticity, resilience and responsiveness. You will look in particular at systems that consume data from IoT / wearables, and that perform immediate and batch analyses.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Production Reactive Systems in Scala with Jan Machacek! (SkillsCast recorded in April 2017)
- Leonardo De Marchi's Deep Learning Fundamentals (in London on 22nd - 23rd October 2019)
- Lightbend Akka for Scala - Professional (in London on 11th - 12th November 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- Scalax2gether Community Day 2019 (in London on 14th December 2019)
- Reinforcement Learning Journal Club (in London on 17th October 2019)
- Countdown to Big Data LDN (in London on 17th October 2019)
- Abstract Data Types In The Region Of Abysmal Pain, And How To Navigate Them (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Using Kubeflow Pipelines for building machine learning pipelines (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
Distributed deep learning
Jan Machacek is a passionate technologist with hands-on experience of the practical aspects of software delivery (architecture, quality, CI, CD), the project management approaches (applying the principles of agile project management), and mentoring and motivating engineering & business teams.