Writing microservices and running micro-services are two different kind of beasts. The small, simple & independent promise that microservices came with, opened a new range of problems.
During this talk we will see the challenges of deploying and running microservices architectures and how we're trying to solve that problem at the UK Home Office where we run a kubernetes cluster where we host different solutions based in microservices. During the talk will see how we do CI and, when possible, CD.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Before and After Kubernetes - Was It Worth It and Why? A joint case study (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Advanced Kubernetes Concepts with Jérôme Petazzoni (Online Course on 28th September - 1st October 2020)
- Docker Fundamentals with Matt Saunders (Online Course on 19th - 22nd October 2020)
- CloudNative eXchange 2020 (Online Conference on 17th - 18th November 2020)
- Strategic Domain-Driven Design Tools For Non‑DDD People (Online Meetup on 29th October 2020)
- Debugging Containers on Kubernetes with "kubectl debug" (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
- Let’s Play with Cloud Code to Run Cloud Native Applications (SkillsCast recorded in June 2020)
Continuous Deployment, Microservices and Kubernetes
Ivan has more than 17 years experience in the technology industry covering consulting, product development, architecture and solution deployment throughout the financial, telecoms and pharmaceutical industries with significant expertise in automation of data focused solutions. Currently working at the UKHome Office, Ivan is responsible for designing and implementing the CI/CD for their Digital Platform.