The emergence of Cloud platforms has fundamentally changed the IT landscape, to the extent that it is now unthinkable for a technology-focused startup not to operate on the cloud. However, attempting to ride on this ever-expanding platform ecosystem wave has created a new set of challenges.
Join Yan Cui in this talk as he draws on his extensive experience with AWS over the last 6 years to illustrate, with real-world use cases, how you can use F# to build internal and external DSLs to successfully navigate AWS service complexity.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- You wouldn't build your own toaster, would you? (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Functional Concurrency in .NET with C# and F# with Riccardo Terrell (Online Course on 8th - 11th March 2021)
- CloudNative eXchange 2020 (Online Conference on 14th - 15th December 2020)
- F# for a Real World E-commerce Project (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
- Rethinking Bioinformatic Algorithms Using F# (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
Taming Cloud Complexity with F# DSLs
Yan is an experienced engineer who has run production workload at scale in AWS for nearly 10 years. He has been an architect and principal engineer with a variety of industries ranging from banking, e-commerce, sports streaming to mobile gaming. He has worked extensively with AWS Lambda in production, and has been helping various UK clients adopt AWS and serverless as an independent consultant.