The emergence of Cloud platforms has fundamentally changed the IT landscape, to the extent that it is now unthinkable for a technology-focused startup not to operate on the cloud. However, attempting to ride on this ever-expanding platform ecosystem wave has created a new set of challenges.
Join Yan Cui in this talk as he draws on his extensive experience with AWS over the last 6 years to illustrate, with real-world use cases, how you can use F# to build internal and external DSLs to successfully navigate AWS service complexity.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- You wouldn't build your own toaster, would you? (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Applied Domain-Driven Design — Full-Stack Event Sourcing (in Online Event on 9th July 2020)
- Azure DevOps (in Online on 15th July 2020)
- Let’s Play with Cloud Code to Run Cloud Native Applications (SkillsCast recorded in June 2020)
- Going Multicloud with Serverless (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Taming Cloud Complexity with F# DSLs
Yan is an experienced engineer who has run production workload at scale in AWS for nearly 10 years. He has been an architect and principal engineer with a variety of industries ranging from banking, e-commerce, sports streaming to mobile gaming. He has worked extensively with AWS Lambda in production, and has been helping various UK clients adopt AWS and serverless as an independent consultant.