A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
Before you pull a user story into development, it’s crucial to have a conversation to clarify and confirm the acceptance criteria.
Some people do this during their backlog refinement or planning poker sessions. Other teams have a specific three amigos meeting, specification workshop or discovery workshop, or do it during sprint planning.
Whatever you call this conversation, many teams find it hard: it’s unstructured, it takes too long and gets boring. The result is they don’t do it regularly or consistently, or maybe they just give up on it entirely.
We’ve discovered a simple, low-tech method for making this conversation short and powerfully productive. In this session we’ll show you how to apply this technique, called example mapping, with a fun and interactive workshop.
No laptops required.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- 10 years with BDD and SpecFlow (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Certified Product Owner with Abid Quereshi (Online Course on 15th - 16th March 2021)
- P3X — People Product Process eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 15th - 16th September 2021)
- Keynote: SWARMing into Action (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Bringing Humanity Back to the Workplace (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Workshop: A Planning Meeting You’ll Love
Matt is the author of The Cucumber Book, and in 2013 he cofounded Cucumber Limited with Aslak Hellesøy and Julien Biezemans. Their company was acquired by SmartBear in 2019 and he now works as a BDD Advocate with a mission to maximise the adoption of BDD practices in the software industry.