This session was not filmed.
Join Jenny Martin and Pete Buckney at another of Sky's West is Best Tech Talk! They will be there to discuss the modern analysis paradigm, and why it is still so easy to end up in user story hell or spend years building the wrong thing.
Jenny and Pete take a critical look at the modern analysis paradigm, and wonder why it is still so easy to end up in user story hell or spend years building the wrong thing.
Have we thrown away too much of our more structured analysis methods? Why is it so hard to start small?
You will explore a range of divergent and convergent practices, and how to use the right tools at the right time to deliver value as quickly as possible.
The session will finish by exploring some concrete techniques you can take home and start using straight away to achieve convergence at the each point in the software lifecycle.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Jenny Martin's BDD From Start to Finish - Successful Delivery through Continuous Collaboration (in London on 24th - 26th June 2019)
- Giving Engaging Technical Talks at Conferences and Meetups (in London on 15th - 16th July 2019)
- Knowing Me Knowing you.... Ahaaaaa! (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Martine Devos' Certified Scrum Master, Estimation & Planning Class (in London on 24th - 25th June 2019)
- SC London 2019 (Software Craftsmanship London) (in London on 3rd - 4th October 2019)
- P3X - People, Product & Process eXchange 2019 (in London on 31st October - 1st November 2019)
- Agile Around The World (in London on 1st July 2019)
- Digital Leadership July (in London on 1st July 2019)
- Lizzy Morris (CST) Presents: Leading from the Inside is True Leadership Agility (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- DOODLE-DRIVEN DEVELOPMENT (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
Analysis and Synthesis - or how to get the balance right
Pete is CTO at Railsbank - enabling fintech companies to access global banking with 5 lines of code, and driving the costs out of finance infrastructure so finance can be more inclusive and less abusive.
Jenny Martin coaches in Agile delivery, quality improvement and innovation gaming. She has a deep appreciation for business goal segmentation and the visualization of what she labels ‘horizons of value’ within business strategy.