Go 1.6 is the 7th release of the language which has been open source since November 10th, 2009 -- that's 6.5 years since the project was open sourced and nearly 4 years since the 1.0 release. A lot has changed in the language since 1.0, so this is a great opportunity to discuss the improvements landing 1.6.
The highlights of the night will be our two main talks:
- Go 1.6 release party by David Hernandez
- Inception: Go programs that generate Go code by Ernesto Jimenez
We'll also have time for lightning talks, something that has been a great success at previous meetups. So if you're working on an interesting project, learned something surprising about Go recently, or want to publicise a package you've created, let us know.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Using Redis to synchronize and scale up Face Recognition at Machine Box (SkillsCast recorded in March 2018)
- Go Channels in .NET – concurrency made easy (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Lightning Talk: KubeMQ Helping .NET MSMQ Apps to Migrate to Kubernetes (SkillsCast recorded in September 2018)
Go Release Party Meetup
David Hernandez is one of the founders at Machine Box where he develops Machine Learning models, to help companies on the adoption and usage of Artificial Intelligence in production.